Friday, July 6, 2012

The Coolest Businessman in All of Japan! More Fruits Photos!



The photos of the cool kids in Osaka and their fantastically amazing fashions featured in Osaka Fruits! Wild Osaka Japanese Fashions!  was a very successful blog post with over 1,000 page views. Thanks.


I've asked Apple if they want to make a photo book of photos taken by Apple iPhone as a project and use the proceeds to help charities related to the Tohoku disaster of March 11, 2011.


We'll see.


In the meantime, I've been wondering why the young kids should get all the action? Here's the photo of a guy I shot with my iPhone this week. I see him almost everyday and he is so incredibly fashionable dressed (in a sort of old Japanese style) that I just had to take his picture.


You can just tell by looking at this photo that this guy has some great stories to tell and would be a fun guy to have a few drinks with.....

しぶい! "Shibui!" means "tasteful" or "stylish"

While the guy above goes to work dressed like something from 60 years ago... Here's an image that I shot from in front of my station about how the young people dress (for work) these days.

This is a guy with a banner that says, "All you can drink for ¥1,200!" (about $16.00 USD!)


What the hell, it's a job, right?

And speaking of a job, not fruits, but having a job and enjoying life! Can anyone ask for more?


Or, if you're retired, playing Chinese Chess...


Finally, "Calm the F*ck Down!" and another great T-shirt:


Oh, and by the way, screw Getty Pictures, please use these photos freely and anyway that you see fit. See: 

Destroying My Blog - I Don't Want to Be Dishonest Like Getty Images



2 comments:

diego.a said...

Speaking of cool business men, I wonder how do those guys stay so cool in their traditional clothes. Maybe it's the material. Looks like linen. Maybe you can blog about the Japanese secrets to staying cool in Hot Tokyo with so many layers.

I love it when you post these photos. The meat chopper's smile is so big and full of life!

Andrew Joseph said...

GREAT! PHOTOS!
Hey Mike... for a photo like Beaver Cleaver... did you simply go to the back of the restaurant and ask if you could take his photo? I ask because people laugh and smile like that after YOU've done something to amuse them.
Great shot.
That photo of the hip-looking fruit seller is fantastic. Handsome man dressed with panache.
But here's the question: Do you think he stands out for the right reasons or the wrong reasons?
You spotted him because he looked dapper or because he didn't look like a fruit seller or because no one really dresses like that for work?
Today, because it's 36C and a humidity up around 43C, I'm wearing shorts and a T-shirt to work for the 1st time ever.
Good question above - how do they stay cool in the heat? I suppose it's breathable cotton.

Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023! Floppy Pinkies, Jett Sett, Tetsuko!

   Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023!!  Please Follow me at:  https://www.facebook.com/MikeRogersShow Check out my Youtube Channel: ...