Sunday, February 6, 2011

The KFC Ad in China That They Don't Want Anyone to See

Mish Shedlock sent this to me and asked "Did they try to pull this one in Japan, too?"




Nope, Mish. They'd never do this in Japan. Not in a million years!


I think this commercial just shows how little respect the Chinese have for Obama and the American political system. Good on them.


Watch this:





The ad company who handles KFC in China says: "'It is no longer airing and will not be re-aired,' said a flack for Yum! Brands, the perpetually thrilled conglomerate that owns KFC."


Even if the Japanese think Obama is a clown and American politicians are all buffoons and fools, they'd never make fun of them in this way... Plus, Japanese politicians are all idiots also, so I suppose people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.


But I just love the underlying message: A politician has a giant sandwich land on his head, is instantaneously killed, and the crowd erupts into applause. Wonderful!


It reminds me of the old joke where an American meets a Russian and the American says, "Live in a free country, I can freely criticize president Kennedy." To which the Russian replies, "I live in a free country too. I can also freely criticize president Kennedy." 


Sadly, the Japanese are too polite to create such a parody. I think this shows a lot about the way the Chinese think and about Chinese society.


In a way, I have to say, "Good for them!" Why should we be reverent to the State? Especially one that has a Kleptocratic government that is a broken down embarrassment to the entire world like the USA? 

No comments:

Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023! Floppy Pinkies, Jett Sett, Tetsuko!

   Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023!!  Please Follow me at:  https://www.facebook.com/MikeRogersShow Check out my Youtube Channel: ...