Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Very Cool and Bizarre Japanese Movie: "Big Man Japan"

So many people seemed to like that Vampire Girl Versus Frankenstein Girl trailer (Yes, the music was extremely cool I must admit!) That I decided to show you this, er, "classic," Big Man Japan. 




No special comment from me needed at all this time... Excepting, "Could this be the greatest Japanese film of all time?"

From Bam Ka Pow:


 “Big Man Japan” has let slip a clip of it’s crazy insane Japanese stylings.  The clip features some of the same archival style black & white footage that was in the trailer, as well as some interviews with a very morose young man.  I have to say that as excited as I am about this movie, this clip doesn’t seem to work out of context.  But I have every bit of faith that the film will indeed to hilarious and awkward in that way that only the best of the Japanese films can do.  You don’t believe me?  Check out the trailer as well:

“But while his predecessors were national heroes, he is a pariah among the citizens he protects, who bitterly complain about the noise and destruction of property he causes. And Daisato has his own problems - an agent insistent on branding him with sponsor advertisements, an Alzheimer-afflicted grandfather who transforms into a giant in dirty underwear, and a family who is embarrassed by his often cowardly exploits.”

Look, you have crazy monsters, mockumentary style interviews, all surrounding a down on his luck screw up for a hero.  I honestly don’t know what else I could ask for.  I wider release?  Something tells me this isn’t going to be shown on too many screens.  But do yourself a favor and watch the clips.  Then make your way to one of those theaters come June 2nd.
“A wickedly deadpan spin on the giant Japanese superhero, BIG MAN JAPAN is an outrageous portrait of a pathetic but truly unique hero.”




Uh, yeah... So you can see that this is definitely a "classic"....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if it's available on DVD at Tsutaya...

Anonymous said...

i hate to be a stick in the mud, but when are we in for another decent 'samurai' film like zatoichi or the hidden blade. it's been a while now.

Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023! Floppy Pinkies, Jett Sett, Tetsuko!

   Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023!!  Please Follow me at:  https://www.facebook.com/MikeRogersShow Check out my Youtube Channel: ...