Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Strange Country 11 Minutes of Interesting Information on Japan

I stumbled upon this very interesting 11 minute video packed with information on Japan. I think you'll enjoy this.
Kenichi Tanaka writes about the video: "This is my final thesis project. I created info-graphic, motion piece. My objective is to make Japanese people to think about that everything happening here in Japan, isn't that normal. So I created this video from foreigner's point of view, rather than Japanese people's point of view. By the way, please don't call me racist, because I am one of short, small eyes Japanese ;P"

From Zany Pickle: http://zanypickle.comThis video is by  Kenichi Tanaka. Made in Japan for Japanese audiences. English narration by Emily Millar. 

3 comments:

Andy "In Japan" said...

Mike, this was an interesting take and I appreciate that you posted it...BUT...don't you think that the video focused on a lot of negative and very superficial things, like using a lot of wooden chopsticks, importing bottled water, wasting food (as if the left over fish could simply be shipped to Africa), and having small eyes (never noticed that). Those criticisms fall flat and don't raelly say anything about this very interesting country, in my opinion. More interesting aspects of Japanese culture were discussed, but things like modern horrible architecture, social pressures to conform, childhood teasing, and say the gambling/bar/prostitution scene were passed over. Sorry to be a critic, just seems like it was a good effort that could have been a lot better.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant, tho Andy has a point: it's more a Japanese's idea of what (some) foreigners think about Japan. Still, it's a good effort, and technically impressive, at least to a non-geek like me.

mike in tokyo rogers said...

Yes, but guys, a born and raised Japanese made this video. Don't forget that.

It originally came out only in Japanese language.

Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023! Floppy Pinkies, Jett Sett, Tetsuko!

   Top 3 New Video Countdown for May 6, 2023!!  Please Follow me at:  https://www.facebook.com/MikeRogersShow Check out my Youtube Channel: ...